Inside Bob Dylan's Jesus Years: Busy Being Born… Again!
At first called "Dylan's God-Awful Gospel" by his most loyal fans. Bob Dylan's Jesus Years are today regarded as among the best of his career. How did a Jewish folk singer from the Midwest come to Jesus? Finally, here is an insider's view of Bob Dylan's...
Rossini, Maurizio Benini: La Cenerentola (2 DVD)
When the opera begins, the impoverished Don Magnifico, Baron of Mountflagon, is on the verge of social and financial ruin. The only solution is for his daughters to find rich husbands. Years ago, when he still had some money, he married a widow who already had a little girl: Angelina. The baroness bore her new husband two more daughters, Clorinda and Tisbe. Since their mother's death the kindhearted Angelina has had a hard time at the hands of her vain and haughty half-sisters and her stepfather, who joins his own daughters in all the petty humiliations they deal out to Angelina. Nicknamed Cenerentola (Cinderella), and forced to do the most menial housework, Angelina bears it all with patience.
Not far from Don Magnifico's house is the castle of the young and wealthy prince Ramirо. The prince wants a bride, and has chosen an odd way to find one, sending out his tutor, the philosopher Alidoro, all over his domains to look for a suitable girl. He and his valet Dandini follow up Alidoro's leads but, in order to test the qualities of the bridal candidates more conclusively, they pretend that the prince is the servant and the servant the prince.
Libretto By Jacopo Ferretti, After Charles Perrault's Cendrillon / And Librettos By Charles Guillaume Etienne And Francesco Fiorini
Don Ramiro - Lawrence Brownlee
Dandini - Simone Alberghini
Don Magnifico - Alessandro Corbelli
Clorinda - Rachelle Durkin
Tube - Patricia Risley
Angelina, Known As Cenerentola - Elina Garanca
Alidoro - John Relyea
Conductor - Maurizio Benini
The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra And Chorus...
The History Of The Eagles (2 DVD)
"Director Alison Ellwood, along with Producer (and Academy Award-winning documentarian), Alex Gibney, meticulously crafts an intimate patchwork of rare archival material, concert footage, and unseen home movies exploring the evolution and enduring popularity of one of America's truly definitive bands.
Inspired by the vibrant Los Angeles music scene, Glenn Frey and Don Henley left Linda Ronstadt's backup band in 1971 to team with Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner and form the Eagles. While personal stories from band members (later including Don Felder, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit), managers, and music-industry luminaries frame the narrative, it's the unexpected moments- recording sessions, backstage interactions, and even a whimsical sequence from the Desperado cover shoot-that convey the extraordinary bond linking artists, music, and the times (an era when country-tinged rock and finely-honed harmonies spoke to a nation still reeling from unrest).
But the band was not impervious to its own unrest, and its conflicts prompted several departures and ultimately led to its demise (or long vacation). Part One follows the band from its formation in 1971 through its ascendancy in the 70's to the infamous unraveling in the fall of 1980. Part Two tracks the group from its reunion in 1994 through the triumphant Hell Freezes Over tour, the 1007 release of the album, Jhe Long Road Out of Eden (which sold over 5Vi million copies, worldwide, and garnered the band its 5th and 6th Grammy" Awards), and its ongoing success as an international touring act. This history of the Eagles skips neither a beat nor a hit song, and we're reminded why the band's greatest hits collection (Vol. I) remains the best-selling album of the 20th century."
John Nein, Sundance Institute...
Dvorak: Rusalka (Blu-ray)
Dvorak's enchanting fairy tale of the water nymph Rusalka has been a signature role for Renee Fleming for the past 25 years. The Gramophone Classical Music Guide writes: "Renee Fleming's tender and heartwarming account of Rusalka's Song to the Moon reflects the fact that the role of the lovelorn water nymph, taken by her in a highly successful production at the MET in New York, has become one of her favourites". Here at last - in sumptuous HD - is that MET production by the late Gunther Schneider-Siemssen and directed by Otto Schenk. Yannick Nezet-Seguin conducts with "sensitivity and urgency" (.Financial Times) and the strong supporting cast includes Piotr Beczala "wonderful as the Prince, his tenor elegant and impassioned" [New York Times)....
Rossini - La Cenerentola / Campanella, Bartoli, Dara, Houston Grand Opera
Cecilia Bartoli both thrills the senses and touches the heart in Rossini's sparkling comedy, her feisty Cinderella combining rebelliousness with pathos, vocal beauty with stunning virtuosity. She and a star cast of Italian principals captivate the...
Strauss, Carlos Kleiber: Der Rosenkavalier (2 DVD)
Wagner, James Levin: Tristan Und Isolde (2 DVD)
01. Opening Credits
02. Einleitung / Prelude
03. «Westwarts Schweift Der Blick» (Ein Junger Seemann, Isolde, Brangene)
04. «Frisch Weht Der Wind Der Heimat Zu» (Ein Junger Seemann, Isolde, Brangane, Kurwenal, Tristan, Chor)
05. «Wehe, Ach Wehe! Dies Zu Dulden!» (Brangane, Isolde, Chor)
06. «Auf! Auf! Ihr Frauen! Frisch Und Froh!» (Kurwenal, Isolde, Brangane)
07. «Begehrt, Herrin, Was Ihr Wunscht» (Tristan, Isolde, Chor)
08. «Tristan! - Isolde! - Treuloser Holder!» (Isolde, Tristan, Chor, Brangane, Kurwenal)
09. Einleitung / Prelude
10. «Horst Du Sie Noch?» (Isolde, Brangane)
11. «Lsolde! Geliebte! - Tristan! Geliebter!» (Tristan, Isolde)
12. «0 Sink Hernieder, Nacht Der Liebe» (Tristan, Isolde)
13. «Einsam Wachend In Der Nacht» (Brangane)
14. «Lausch, Geliebter! - Lass Mich Sterben!» (Isolde, Tristan)
15. «Doch Unsre Liebe, Heisst Sie Nicht Tristan Und - Lsolde?» (Isolde, Tristan)
16. «So Starben Wir, Um Ungetrennt» (Tristan, Isolde, Brangene)
17. «Rette Dich, Tnstan!» (Kurwenal, Tristan, Melot)
18. «Tatest Du's Wirklich? Wahnst Du Das?» (Marke, Tristan)
19. «Konig, Das Kann Ich Dir Nicht Sagen» (Tristan, Isolde, Melot)
02. (Massig Langsam)
03. (Englischhorn-Solo / Solo De Cor Anglais)
04. «Kurwenal! He! Sag, Kurwenal!» (Ein Hirt, Kurwenal, Tristan)
05. «Hei Nun! Wie Du Kamst?» (Kurwenal, Tristan)
06. «Noch Losch Das Licht Nicht Aus» (Tristan, Kurwenal)
07. «Noch Ist Kein Schiff Zu Sehnkc (Kurwenal, Tristan)
08. «Bist Du Nun Tot? Lebst Du Noch?» (Kurwenal, Tristan)
09. «0 Diese Sonne! Ha, Dieser Tag!» (Tristan, Isolde)
10. «Ha! Ich Bin's, Ich Bin's, Sussester Freund!» (Isolde)
11. «Kurwenal! Ног! Ein Zweites Schiff» (Ein Hirt, Kurwenal, Der Steuermann, Brangane, Melot, Marke)
12. «Mild Und Leise Wie Er Lachelt» (Isolde) ...
Tchaikovsky, Daniel Barenboim: Eugene Onegin (2 DVD)
Salzburg's new production of Tchaikovsky's romantic tragedy is "masterly down to the smallest detail" (Salzburger Nach-richten). "Three hours of passion, tenderness and yearning... Great voices combined with wonderful acting" (Associated Press). Supported by the "romantic sweep" (Opera) of Daniel Barenboim's conducting, "dazzling Russian soprano Anna Samuil's Tatyana is ready to start a revolution" (Frankfurter All-gemeine Zeitung) while Peter Mattei "takes your'breath away... (with his) gorgeously sung Onegin" (Opera).
Opera In Three Acts
- Larina - Renee Morloc
- Tatyana - Anna Samuil
- Olga - Ekaterina Gubanova
- Filipyevna - Emma Sarkissian
- Eugene Onegin - Peter Mattei
- Lensky - Gerhard Frickhoffer
- Prince Gremin - Ferruccio Furlanetto
- A Captain - Sergej Kownir...
Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake
The classic Mariinsky (Kirov) production of the greatest of all ballets. Filmed in the imperial splendour ol the Msriinsky Theatre, St Petersburg. Starring Ulyana Lopatkina, Danila Korsuntsev and the breathtaking Mariinsky corps de ballet. Conducted by the great Russian maestro Valery Gergiev.
Odette-Odile - Ulyana Lopatkina
Prince Siegfried - Danila Korsuntsev
The Queen - Alexandra Gronskaya
Tutor - Pyotr Stasiunas
Jester - Andrei Ivanov
Rothbart - Ilya Kuznetsov
03. The Prince's Birthday Party - Waltz
04. Entrance Of The Queen
05. Pas De Trois
06. Pas D'action
07. Polonaise (Goblet Dance)
10. Entrance Of Rothbart - Entrance Of Siegfried
11. Entrance Of The Swans
12. Entrance Of Odette
13. Swans' Dance
14. "White Swan" Duet (Odette And The Prince)
15. Dance Of The Cygnets
16. Odette's Solo
17. Swans' Dance
20. The Jester's Dance
21. Waltz Of The Princesses
22. Entrance Of Odile And Rothbart
23. Spanish Dance
24. Neapolitan Dance
25. Hungarian Dance (Cserdas)
27. "Black Swan" Pas De Deux (Odile And The Prince)
30. Waltz Of The Black And White Swans (Valse Bluette)
31. Entrance Of Odette
32. Odette And Rothbart
33. Entrance Of The Prince
34. Pas De Deux (Odette And The Prince)
35. Rothbart's Death
37. Curtain Calls
38. Closing Credits...
Rossini: Guillaume Tell (Blu-ray)
Ребека Марина, Никола Алаймо («Michele Mariotti, Rossini: Matilde Di Shabran, Neapolitan Version, 1821»), Хуан Диего Флорес («Bellini: La Sonnambula Metropolitan Opera: Live in HD: Bellini's La sonnambula») в спектакле Грэма Викерса «Guillaume Tell»
For years the undisputed Rossini tenor par excellence, Juan Diego Florez at last makes his debut in the hugely demanding role of Arnold and "mast part with seemingly effortless perfection" (Die Presse). "Grand, cinematic opera in widescreen and surround sound" wrote Die Welt of Graham Vic production of Rossini's last opera, given uncut in its original French version .complete with the often-omitted ballet music. The William Tell legend of and political intrigue in 14th-century Switzerland is interpreted by Vick as a timeless class conflict with dramatic and unforgettabie images. A «perfect cast» is conducted with "verve and intensity" (Opera Today) by the brilliant young Italian Michele Mariotti....