Verdi, James Levine: La Traviata
"Stratas not only sings magnificently but also looks the role... She is a screen presence as riveting to watch as to listen to... Having cast the film very close to perfection, Zeffirelli has staged it in a way that serves both the film and the grandeur...
Pjotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky: Der Nussknacker. Vol. 1
Das Bolshoi - Ensemble ist Stolz and Aushangeschild der russischen Kultur. Seine Auffuhrungen gelten als makellos unci einzigartig in Inszenierung, Technik, Umsetzung unci Interpretation. Zum Orchester gehoren Weltklasse-Musiker mit internationalen...
Rossini - La Cenerentola / Campanella, Bartoli, Dara, Houston Grand Opera
Cecilia Bartoli both thrills the senses and touches the heart in Rossini's sparkling comedy, her feisty Cinderella combining rebelliousness with pathos, vocal beauty with stunning virtuosity. She and a star cast of Italian principals captivate the...
The Doors: Feast Of Friends (Blu-ray)
FEAST OF FRIENDS, filmed in 1968, was the first and only film produced about The Doors by The Doors. It offers a cinematic look at The Doors on the road during their summer '68 tour. Whilst never truly completed, the film provides a stylistic approach in true sixties cinema verite style. Concert performances are intercut with fly-on-the-wall footage of the group in their natural habitat, sometimes playful, sensitive, chaotic and touching. Other than a few appearances in film festivals in 1968, an official release would never be seen until now. Completely restored from the original negative, as supervised by Jim Morrison, the film has been colour- corrected and cleaned in high definition with the soundtrack totally remixed and remastered by long-time Doors' collaborator Bruce Botnick.
- A newly produced feature using footage shot for feast of Friends, Encore is a complimentary piece which provides a deeper look into the life of the band at this period as they tour, record, travel and even vacation together. The program avoids the typical selection of hits and makes use of The Doors rare recordings to accompany this unreleased footage.
- A British TV documentary originally aired on December 17th, 1968, The Doors Are Open is focused around the band's performance at London's Roundhouse, which took place just days after the completion of filming for Feast of Friends. Although previously released, the film has suffered from numerous sound and picture quality issues. Now the image quality has been dramatically improved and the sound has been transformed by Bruce Botnick to be as true to the original live sound as possible.
- Filmed in Toronto, Canada in August 1967 and first broadcast in October that year, this performance of "The End" - was for the O'Keefe Centre Presents: The Rock Scene - Like It Is. In addition to the performance it includes the introduction by Noel Harrison and later interviews by John Densmore, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek and Danny Sugerman. Many fans consider this recording to be one of the best Doors performances ever caught on film....
Monteverdi, Nikolaus Harnoncourt: L'Orfeo / Il Ritorno d'Ulisse In Patria / L'incoronazione Di Poppea (5 DVD)
Семинары Александра Высоцкого. Диск 3: Роль владельца бизнеса в построении системы продаж, общий бизнес-процесс компании - организующая схема
Как владелец бизнеса, ты наверное обращал внимание, что есть компании, которые работают слаженно "как часы", а есть компании, где без давления руководителей никто пальцем не шевельнет. Здесь дело не в каких-то особых людях. Неправильно организовав...
Mozart, Nikolaus Harnoncourt: Die Entfuhrung Aus Dem Serail (2 DVD)
Critical acclaim for this superb co-production of Vienna's Staatsoper, the Wiener Fest-wochen and Brussels' Theatre de la Monnaie (Das Opernglas): "Directors Ursel and Karl-Ernst Herrmann, working with Nikolaus Harnoncourt, demonstrate that the...
Mozart, Wolfgang Sawallisch: Die Zauberflote
Opera In Two Acts Sarastro - Kurt Moll Konigin Der Nacht - Edita Gruberova Pamina - Lucia Popp Tamino - Francisco Araiza Papageno - Wolfgang Brendel Papagena ...
Verdi, Daniele Gatti: Aida (2 DVD)
01. Introduction By Renee Fleming
02. Prelude And Opening Credits
Act 1 / Scena 1
03. Si, Cone Voce Che l'Etiope Ardisca
04. Se Quel Guerrier Io Rassi!
05. Quale Insolita Gioia Nel Tuo Sguardo!
06. Vieni, О...
Strauss, Sir Georg Solti: Die Frau Ohne Schatten (2 DVD)
Die Frau ohne Sdutttn, arguably Strauss's finest collaboration witli the great Austrian writer Hofmaiimthal, is their "Magic Flute", charting the spiritual joumey of two contrasting couples. It is at once a hymn to marriage and its fulfilment by...